• 3 teaspoons Kerrygold Irish butter
• 2 teaspoons chopped shallots
• 3/4 cup Guinness
• 2 cups heavy cream
• 1/2 cup Kerrygold Irish Swiss cheese, grated
• 1/2 cup Kerrygold Vintage Cheddar cheese, grated
• 1/2 cup Dubliner cheese, grated
• 3 1/2 cups clover-shaped pasta (if available), cooked and cooled
• 3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
Serves 6 as an appetizer, 4 as a main course
Irish macaroni and cheese? Believe it or not, this is a totally Irish
dish, Guinness-laced with three different varieties of Irish cheese.
Preheat oven to 350° F
Butter a 9x13-inch baking dish or six 6-ounce
ramekins. In a skillet over medium heat, melt 1 teaspoon of the butter. Add
the shallots and cook until soft, but not browned, about 3 minutes. Add the
Guinness and cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add the cream and
cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes more. Remove from heat and cool
to room temperature.
Melt remaining 2 teaspoons of butter.
In a bowl, combine
the cooked pasta, cheese, and cream mixture. Pour into prepared pan or
ramekins. Top with bread crumbs and spoon melted butter over the top. Bake
for 30 minutes, until bread crumbs are lightly browned and sauce is bubbling.