• 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
• Pinch of salt
• 5 tablespoons Kerrygold Irish butter, cut into small pieces
• 3 tablespoons cold water
• 1 tablespoon Kerrygold Irish butter
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 3 slices Irish traditional bacon, cut into strips
• 8 button mushrooms, sliced
• 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
• 6 ounces Dubliner cheese, grated
• 1 cup skim milk
• 3 eggs, beaten
• 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
• 1 teaspoon Lakeshore Wholegrain mustard
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Combine the flour and salt in a bowl, then with a pastry cutter, two forks, or your fingers, work in the butter until the
mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs. Add the water and form into a ball.
Roll out the pastry until large enough to line a 9-inch quiche pan. Place a
piece of aluminum foil over the pastry to cover the base and sides and fill
with ceramic pie weights. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove foil and bake 5
minutes more. Remove from oven and cool.
Reduce oven temperature to 375° F. In a large skillet over medium heat,
melt the butter. Cook the onions until soft, but not browned, about 3 minutes, then add the garlic, bacon, and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
Spoon the mixture into the pastry base, add the tomato halves, and sprinkle
the cheese over the top.
In a small bowl combine the milk, eggs, herbs,
mustard, salt and pepper, and pour over the base. Bake until the filling is
set and firm to the touch, about 30 minutes.